Common Household Plants Toxic To Dogs & Cats

The following common ornamental and garden plants have been shown to cause systemic toxicity or significant gastrointestinal irritation when ingested by dogs and cats. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive; all plants, known to be toxic or not, can cause considerable GI upset (vomiting, ulceration, diarrhea, subsequent dehydration) when consumed in large amounts. Pets that have ingested plant material on this list should be evaluated as soon as possible by your veterinarian and poison control services (ASPCA 1-888-426-4435). Pets that have ingested plants not on the list should be observed for any symptoms and evaluated promptly should any ill-effects occur.

Call Us