Country/Date of origin:
- The English Foxhound is generally loyal to its owner.
- Likes to wander.
- Described as a real sporting dog.
- Natural tail is carried low and is not altered.
- Ears hang and are usually rounded off with about one inch altered.
- Resembles the American Foxhound but is heavier boned.
- The coat is short, hard, and dense.
- Permissible colors are any of the hound colors, usually black, white, and tan.
- Minimal grooming required.
Health and Wellness:
- No serious genetic faults.
- Should not be allowed to get too heavy.
- Should be checked for hip dysplasia.
- Congenital deafness.
What you should know:
- Not a typical house pet, this dog does best with people who are serious about dogs.
- They are usually kept in pack kennels of 20 to 30 dogs.